Best Heating Pad Reviews- Buying Guide for Fitness Seeker
What Sort of Pain Will Heating Pads Help Alleviate
Clearly the sort of pain that heating pads will work best in alleviating are likely to be localized muscular and joint pains. Heating pads may also be used to provide a soothing effect in certain circumstances. So the sort of afflictions for which heating pads are likely to be useful include:
- People who are suffering from a sports injury, such as a sprained ankle.
- Those suffering from arthritis.
- Athletes with joint stiffness.
- People suffering from migraine headaches.
- Anyone suffering from tension, say in the head or neck area.
- Heating pads for back pain .
Tops 3 Benefits of Using Best Heating Pads
- It Goes Deep into the problem areas: Your traditional Therapy cannot be compared to Heating Pad because heat can penetrate very deeply into your muscle tissues and joint areas and quickly relieve your discomfort. Many people who used these heating pads can tell that they work fast after seeing positive results just after a few minutes. The heat somehow permeates evenly to the source of the painful areas but giving no harm to the external areas where the heat pads were placed on. The heating pad is safe to be used at prolonged duration to ensure faster pain relief to your sciatic nerve pain.
- Helps Expand Blood Vessels: By using a heating pad, it helps to expand the blood vessels surrounding the affected area of the sciatic nerve. During a painful sciatic attack, the muscles tend to be a somewhat traumatized and as a result puts undue pressure on the affected blood vessels. Thus, heating pad effectively helps to expand the blood vessels and reduce the blood vessels pressure and provide instant pain management and relief.
- Repairs Damaged Cells: The Heating Pad helps to repair and heal our body’s millions of tiny cells that are being used daily in all our body functions. It helps to heal the cells that are damaged after much wear and tear that they are constantly subjected to. That’s because the heating is able to penetrate and reach these damaged cells for the healing and repair work.
Types-How to Choose the Best Heating Pad
If you want to do a lot of research into the different types of heat pad available on the market today quite quickly and without the effort of moving from store to store making notes as you go, then of course the best way is to try to do your research online before you then narrow down your selection to your list of preferred heat pads. Then, only when you have done this should you actually go out and visit the stores to check out the products in person.
Electric Heating Pad
Perhaps the most common form of specialist heat pad is the electric heat pad. These heat pads can come in all shapes and sizes these days and are particularly useful at delivering soothing heat to aid lower back pain . You can get electric heat pads to deliver both dry and moist heat and because of the fact that they are electric you are able to very accurately control the temperature the heat pad is delivering, thus reducing the potential for being scalded. Perhaps the only drawback of the electric heat pad is that it is slightly less versatile than the microwaveable heat pad due mainly to the requirement that you must be located close to an electrical power supply in order to use it.
Microwaveable Heating Pad
These tend to be cloth bags, often made from soft, but resilient material. They tend to be filled with some form of grain, whether it be wheat (hence they are sometimes called wheat bags), or buckwheat, or perhaps flax seed. The key characteristic of these grains is that they are capable of retain heat when warmed to a reasonably high degree. These types of heat pad are versatile, easy to use and easy to store . They have the added benefit of being natural and therefore delivering a naturally moist heat. Moist heat is generally preferred to dry heat as it is believed to penetrate the body’s soft tissue more effectively and therefore seems to alleviate more of the painful symptoms. Another good reason to choose a microwaveable heat pad is that they can be scented, so that they emit a soothing fragrance, such as lavender, when heated. The heat pad sooths through the use of heat and through the use of aroma.
Chemical Heating Pad
These too are available widely. They ae similar to the microwaveable heat pads in that they tend to be portable and easy to use. They contain chemicals which react together when stimulated in a certain way and it is this which creates the heat. Perhaps the main drawbacks to chemical heat pads is that the temperature of the reaction is uncontrollable, so they can occasionally become uncomfortably hot, especially if the area being treated is particularly sensitive. Also, they tend to deliver dry heat only. You can purchase disposable chemical heat pads however which are particularly useful for outdoor use.
And there you have it. These three groups classify or categorize almost all of the different types of heat pad on the market. You can now concentrate your research on a particular grouping in order to identify the ideal heat pad for you.
Key Feature That Have In Best Heating Pad
Reading this heating pad reviews you will understand that what types of features we should check to use this comfortably .Heating pads promote the body’s natural healing process with the aid of naturally occurring energy. The health benefits it provides are priceless. Here are some reasons why an individual should get one along with some useful tips in buying.
- Safety is the top-most consideration. A massage table used during heating therapy should have additional safety features to avoid any burns or accidents. Look for an integrated mechanism that will cool the massage table automatically when it is warm enough as this is a very important feature.
- Make sure to note the size of the heating pad. This kind of heating pad comes in a wide array of sizes. That being said, it is critical that you chose the pad with the right size. The proper measurement or dimension of the pad must be determined before buying. Also, you must ensure that the heating pad comes with straps that are capable of holding it securely on the table.
- Look for a best heating pad with an adjustable temperature control. Having this feature will conveniently allow the users to control the temperature according to their heating requirements and preference.During heating pad reviews ,we ask this question with real user and they mention this .
- Varying models of heating pad in the market and various company manufacturer this.Most important factor is that what company is manufacturer this and how good their reputation is? Check this carefully .
Therefore, buying the right heating pads will surely help you to achieve total wellness. With that said, it is a definitely a wise investment that offers the best value for your money.
How the Heat Pad Works
Okay, we’ve established that the heat pad is used to to increase blood flow to particular part of your body, thereby assisting the healing of any injury or swelling in that part of your body, reducing pain and relaxing cramped or tense muscles. During heating pad reviews , we also established that there are a number of different types of heat pads available in the marketing with different types of technology . The most common being electric, but other popular ones include microwavable heat pads and chemical heat pads. And of course, the hot water bottle remains a firm favorite.
- A typical microwavable heat pad for a heat pad, which is warmed in a microwave. the microwavable heat pad, usually has an outer layer made of some form of tough, but soft fabric, and some form of filler such as wheat, barley, or even rice. Such heat pads can actually be made at home simply by purchasing the fabric, sewing it into the shape of a bag and filling it with a convenient filler. You then simply place the bag into the microwave and heat for 2 to 3 minutes checking regularly to make sure that the bag or pad does not overheat and start to burn.
- A chemical heat pad uses the ingredients within the bag, which when mixed with other ingredients cause a chemical reaction to occur from which he is a by-product. Of course, the ingredients, even when reacting, are safe to the surrounding environment. The chemical heat pad tends to be used once and then disposed of due to the fact that chemical reactions can often take place only once. Having said that there are a number of chemical heat pads available on the market chart, reusable.
- Next comes the electric heat pad, which is probably the most popular option available today. These tend to be made off study, but flexible material that incorporate a heating element, which heats up. When the heat pad is connected to some form of electrical power and turned on. Obviously, the electric heat pad tends to be the most adaptable, flexible and controllable of all the different types of heat pad due to the fact that there are almost always options relating to whether the heat you want delivered is moist and the accurate setting of the temperature you want the electric heat pad to deliver by using a thermostatic control.
During heating pad reviews , we observe that here are many safety features associated with each pad, which of course is extremely important in a non-medical environment. Medically approved best electric heat pads are of course safer than non-medically approved ones, but typically, a heat pad for use in the home will be safe.
If you are suffering from stiff joints, or you have an injury of some sort of chronic or sports related than the use of a heat pad can be a godsend aiding healing and improving comfort.